Do portable saunas really work? I’ve been using my portable sauna on a daily basis for the last 6 months and I’m sharing my health benefits with you today. I’m also going to share the science behind portable saunas.
These days, it’s impossible to leave the house stressed and come home relaxed.
The number of household chores alone will make you want to drag yourself to the nearest spa for some TLC, but it seems like you’re tethered too much to home duties to even bother.
When I discovered the effects of the local gym sauna on my body, I searched for ways to recreate the experience in my own home.
That’s how I got my portable sauna.
Portable Sauna Results After 6 Months Of Daily Use
I discovered the benefits of saunas last year when I started using a sauna a couple of times a week at my local gym.
I felt so good after the sauna that I decided to buy a portable sauna (like this) for my home.
I’ve got to tell you this is one of the best investments I ever made for my health. I didn’t realize it was possible to feel so many benefits in such a short space of time.
I used my portable sauna every day for 6 months. I can’t even remember all the benefits of this as there were so many, but I’ll share as many benefits as I do remember.
Health Benefits Of A Portable Sauna
This sauna made me feel so positive throughout the winter. I usually get SAD and didn’t get any last winter. I felt amazing the whole time.
I slept so much better. After having insomnia my whole life, I couldn’t believe what a transformation I had.
I recovered from signs of colds straight away so never had a cold, flu or stomach bug the whole winter.
I felt pampered and enjoyed having ‘me time’ every night to read a book or watch a video. It’s great having a dedicated period of time where you can’t be disturbed every day.
I felt so warm and cozy. I am a very cold person and really looked forward to getting in the sauna at the end of the day to warm up before a nice bath before bed.
I had so much energy and just honestly felt like a new person.
Portable Sauna Weight Loss Results
I lost 11 pounds in fat in the 6 months that I was using my portable sauna daily. My whole body toned up, and for the first time, I could see the muscles that I worked hard for in the gym.
I didn’t have much weight to lose, just a few stubborn pounds, which are always the hardest.
Portable Sauna Fitness Benefits
My muscle soreness reduced quickly after I’d been to the gym, enabling me to push myself harder more frequently as I recovered so quickly.
Saunas have been proven to help improve your fitness levels and that was certainly true for me. I managed to gain a lot of muscle in the gym at this time and increase the weight I was able to lift week after week.
I just kept getting stronger every time I visited the gym.
Portable Sauna Features
I love the design of the portable saunas. I loved that I could easily open and close the zips from the inside making it easy for me to grab things when I was in the sauna.
I also love the timers that allow me to stop the sauna and see how long I’ve been in for.
Portable Sauna vs Regular Sauna
I actually prefer having a portable sauna at home than having a sauna at the gym for several reasons:
- I can use my own bath straight away at home after my home sauna.
- Your head isn’t in the portable sauna so your head doesn’t feel overheated which allows you to stay in the sauna a bit longer. Your head still sweats, but it feels more refreshing having a cooler head than the rest of your body. You can even open a window and get a nice cool breeze on your face while the rest of your body sweats out all the toxins.
- I can use my portable sauna every day, but I wouldn’t go to the gym every day to use their sauna.
- It doesn’t cost me anything to use my sauna every day, apart from the electricity costs of course, which are quite low.
I can’t believe how much of a difference this made to my life and I’m so grateful I’m able to have this product in my life.
Best Home Portable Saunas
I’m so passionate about infrared saunas as they have literally changed my life.
This is the portable infrared sauna that I have in my home and use daily. I totally adore this product, one of the best things I ever bought.
Now I’m sure you have plenty of questions about portable saunas, how they work and the science behind them, so I’m going to answer a lot of these questions in the rest of this article.
What Is A Portable Sauna?
A portable sauna is a body-heating fabric cubicle that uses infrared technology. Taking a cue from its name, this type of sauna is transportable; meaning, you can set it up virtually anywhere you want in the house. It typically features a built-in chair, zip enclosure, heat controls, and holes above and on the sides so you can poke your head and arms outside while the rest of your body warms.
How To Use A Portable Sauna
To use a portable sauna, start by assembling the unit. As most models are foldable, you’ll need to unfold the portable sauna and place the footpad and chair inside the cubicle. Once plugged into the power source, you may either preheat the sauna for 5 minutes or pop into it straight away while it heats. Sit on the chair and zip the closure from the inside. Poke out your head and arms into designated holes as you read, use your cellphone, or just relax.
Watch the video below showing you how you can use a portable sauna at home.
7 Benefits Of A Portable Sauna
1) Portable Saunas Help You Lose Weight
It isn’t only water weight in the form of perspiration, but you’ll also lose actual body weight in terms of fat.
The infrared light heats your body from within, making your core temperature rise and causing your heart rate to increase. This, in turn, will cause your body to work double-time in order to stay cool.
As a result, your body undergoes rapid calorie burning to make fuel necessary for functioning. Weight loss is then a by-product of this biological process.
2) Portable Saunas Detoxify Your Body
Toxins are also the culprit in unwanted fat storage, and a portable sauna can help you with that.
When you sweat inside the sauna, it also rids your body of the toxins that are stored in your adipose tissues.
Not only will it give you a slimmer figure, but it will also cleanse your gut and insides.
3) Portable Saunas Improve Mental Health
As I’ve mentioned earlier, the use of a sauna made me avoid feelings of sadness throughout the winter—a phenomenon that is common during cooler months.
Aside from de-stressing your mind and body, frequent sauna use can also reduce anxiety and even age-related mental problems such as dementia. These effects are highly documented and you may refer to the studies I’ve listed at the end of this post.
4) Portable Saunas Relieve You Of Muscle Soreness
Exercise can make your body sore all over, which is why I recommend that you use a sauna later in the day to experience a curative effect on your aching muscles.
When I first used mine, I felt so rejuvenated that it even motivated me to keep up with my workout performance the next day.
Even people with rheumatism can also benefit from sauna use.
5) Portable Saunas Improve Your Cardiovascular Health
Through heat therapy which causes your heart rate to increase and the blood pressure to decrease, a regular sauna is a good exercise for your heart.
You’ll avoid the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases later in life if you keep using the sauna.
6) Portable Saunas Help Decongest Your Sinuses
If you’re prone to having colds, you should start using a portable sauna at home for instant clogged nose relief.
The heat from the infrared light will rise to your nostrils, clearing them of mucus and making you breathe easier.
7) Portable Saunas Fight Cellulite
The heat courtesy of the infrared sauna can stimulate your lymphatic system to reduce the appearance of cellulite on your glutes and thighs.
Is A Portable Sauna Safe?
The infrared sauna is safe, to begin with; otherwise, gyms and spa centers wouldn’t install such a facility. As a portable format, a fabric-made infrared sauna will stay safe for use if the exposure time to heat has been limited. Infrared saunas do have varying EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation levels. Anything in excess is not advisable, including a high-temperature range and frequency of use.
So far, I’ve been using my infrared sauna regularly without experiencing any harmful effects.
I didn’t feel lightheaded or scalding hot during and after each session.
Sticking to the right formula for sauna use will absolutely keep you from experiencing adverse effects on your health.
Infrared Sauna Research Studies
Available studies on infrared sauna have shown how this practice allows you to reap awesome health benefits aside from the relaxation. Among them are as follows:
- A study revealed that dry heat bathing provides relief for post-workout muscle soreness when conducted on 100 participants who did 15 minutes of squats per day for 3 days.
- Another study found an improvement in locomotion and psychoemotional status among 196 patients who were experiencing rheumatoid arthritis when exposed to 80 degrees Celcius of sauna heat. That’s on top of reduced chronic pain they have enjoyed.
- Researchers have found a direct correlation between passive heating (a.k.a. sauna bathing) and metabolic improvement among 14 overweight males exposed to heat conditions.
- At the University of Eastern Finland, researchers found out that 49% of middle-aged participants who only use the sauna once a week have died sooner, compared to the 38% who went 2-3 times a week.
- Another Finnish study observed that men who went to sauna 4-7 times a week were 66% less likely to develop dementia during a 20-year scope of research.
- 18 out of 20 patients with cellulite have been found to experience a noticeable improvement in skin appearance after a series of sessions that combined infrared light with radio frequency and massage.
- A study of a Finnish sauna found that 10 healthy males dropped 0.7-0.9 kg of body weight after sauna sessions 2 times a day for one week.
A Portable Sauna
Here is a summary of some of the important points to remind you of what you learned today.
7 Benefits Of A Portable Sauna
- Portable saunas help you lose weight
- Portable saunas detoxify your body
- Portable saunas improve mental health
- Portable saunas relieve you of muscle soreness
- Portable saunas improve your cardiovascular health
- Portable saunas help decongest your sinuses
- Portable saunas fight cellulite
In terms of benefits, convenience and safety, portable saunas don’t disappoint.
They give you the flexibility of time and usage that you won’t even notice the changes in your body because you will actually enjoy spending time in these cubicles.
Portable sauna helps not only in relaxation but also in relieving muscle sores and colds, improving mental and cardiovascular health—and yes, even shedding fats and erasing cellulite.
So do portable saunas really work? It’s up to you to decide whether you should invest in such an awesome device to achieve holistic health and wellbeing.
Free Essential Oils 14 Day E-Course
If you’d like to know more about how to use essential oils, I love this FREE e-course that walks you through the process step by step.
More Related Posts You Will Love